Premium Oilfield Technologies offers an array of superior products to support the drilling industry. We respond quickly with fast-turn repairs, expedited parts ordering and 24/7 service. We source capital equipment, consumables and hard-to-find critical parts. If you don’t see what you need, give us a call.
- TDS11 Hi-Tork Upgrade
- Z Torque
- Spare Parts
- GHM Drawworks
- GLM Catwalk
- Friction Reduction Enhanced Drilling
TDS11 Hi-TORK UPGRADE PACKAGE
Today’s drilling requirements have changed. The downturn has put an emphasis on drilling efficiencies and power. Customer feedback indicated that the current TDS11 lacks the power and technology to last in this fast paced environment. Premium's TDS11 Hi-TORK performance upgrade is the rig enhancement you’ve been waiting for. Our Hi-TORK upgrade package is available now as an off the shelf solution or can be customized to fit your exact needs.
ENGINEERING POINTS OF ANALYSIS ON Hi-TORK CONVERSION OF A TDS11 TOP DRIVE:
- Reviewed additional torque requirements for the main housing and carriages
- Analysis on internal gearbox torsional loads
- Strength study on the main shaft and bearings
- Determined additional load spec requirement for IBOP valves
- Enhanced air flow path and cooling requirements
- Added additional lube cooling capacity
ORIGINAL NOV TDS11:
- 500 ton capacity rating
- Total motor horsepower is 800 hp
- Continuous drilling torque is rated at 37,500 ft-lbs
- Maximum intermittent torque is rated at 55,000 ft-lbs
- 500 ton capacity rating
- Total motor horsepower is 1200 hp
- Continuous drilling torque is rated 54,000 ft-lbs
- Maximum intermittent torque is rated at 56,000 ft-lbs
Many operators are now requiring a soft torque rotary drilling system. Premium has the latest Z Torque technology to help reduce drillstring vibration and control RPM of the drillbit resulting in smoother, faster drilling. We have successfully installed Shell’s Z Torque and are ready to help you expand stick-slip free operating envelopes and simplify tool operation. We can install, train, and monitor with this stick-slip mitigation software on all industry standard top drives, including the Global Drilling Machine (GDM).
Benefits of Z Torque
- Does not need to be tuned since it seeks to reduce reflection of all torque waves at a broad spectrum of frequencies at the top drive, which aims to reduce the reflection of torsional energy back to the bit and thus reduces the ability of standing waves (or stick slip) to develop.
- The system has been shown to be effective at eliminating 1st order stick-slip and reducing 2nd and 3rd order stick-slip.
TOP DRIVE SPARE PARTS
Premium has a large inventory offering various replacement parts for major drilling equipment manufacturers. We are proud to serve all customers by providing quality products and instilling trust, and confidence in the global marketplace. Please send us your inquiries, and a parts representative will be in contact to assist you or shop online.
- All Makes and Models Top Drives, Catwalks, Iron Roughnecks and more
Phone: +1 713 623 1449
The Global Hoisting Machine (GHM) Drawworks
Top Drive Spare Parts
THE GLOBAL LIFTING MACHINE (GLM) CATWALK
AUTOMATION FOR SAFETY:
Built to reduce the number of personnel on the floor, the GLM Automated Catwalk decreases risks and costs with its basic control system and safety interlocks. It can be operated remotely at a safe distance from the machine and includes safety shutdown barriers.
POWER AND PRECISION, IN ANY CLIMATE:
Equipped to handle loads up to 10,000 lbs, the GLM Catwalk’s sturdy lift carrier and hydraulic system is built to run in extreme hot or cold climates without slowing down your operation.
Optional equipment to suit your rig’s needs
- Basic Walking Package
- Remote Operated Control
- 8,000 lb Winch
- Remote Monitoring Ready
- Hydraulic Pipe Tubs
FRICTION REDUCTION ENHANCED DRILLING (FRED)
FRED provides a new level of control for drillers with the ability to modify revolutions and rotation speed on the fly, toolface orientation buttons to introduce offsets, and smooth ramping features to avoid backspin.
- Friction reduction
- Reduced drilling time by up to 50%
- Compatibility with all major OEM brands
- Improved directional drilling
For more information, contact the Premium Drilling Equipment and Support Division at 713-623-1449.